Tutorial Tuesday: Paper Flowers

paper-flower-tutorial_finished-project

Prima flowers are all the rage these days as my sister discovered after viewing other bloggers.  I bring this up because she thought I could ‘lose the flowers’ on one or two of my cards.  Quietly I said, “no way!”  But now, Cathie is on the band wagon and likes flowers since seeing them on other blogger’s cards.  In honour of my sister’s love for flowers, I created this tutorial to make paper flowers.  If you are like me, you have loads of unused flower stamps.  Today we will layer and ink stamped images to create a hip and modern look.

I also wanted to incorporate Odd Bird Planet, so I used one of my favourite stamps that simply states, “Believe.”

paper-flower-tutorial_1

Supplies:  Flower stamps and sponge

paper-flower-tutorial_2

Stamp out your image three times.

paper-flower-tutorial_3

Cut out the flowers and ink the edges with a coordinating colour.

paper-flower-tutorial_4

Ink up all three flowers.  Ink some of the petals, not just the edges.

paper-flower-tutorial_5

With a pair of scissors, curl the flower petals.  I curled two downwards and one upwards.

paper-flower-tutorial_6

Layer flower with pop dots.  Place a brad into the center.

paper-flower-tutorial_7

Stamp and cut out three large flowers and one small flower.  The small flower will be for the center so use a different colour than your three larger flowers.

paper-flower-tutorial_8

Ink all the edges in coordinating ink.  Rub some colour onto the flower petals, not just the edges.

paper-flower-tutorial_9

With a white pen, create dots on your petals and/or flower edge.

paper-flower-tutorial_10

Layer flowers with pop dots.

paper-flower-tutorial_11

Now you have pretty little layers.  Finish off your project by adding stamped or punched leaves.  Add a sentiment to your project as well.

PAPER FLOWER LINKS

Paper flowers made with punches

Paper flower headwear

Scrappy Habit’s punch tutorial

A Wild Flower Melody of Flowers

Paper Flower Covered Eggs

Cupcake Flowers

Potato Stamp Flower Tutorial

Paper Rose Tutorial

Grunge Paper Dahlia

Accordian Fold Flower Tutorial

Rose Tutorial

Martha Stewart’s Large Flowers

Martha’s Blue Pom Pom Flowers

Stamps:  Odd Bird Planet, Autumn Leaves, Cornish Heritage Farms; Paper, unknown source; White pen:  Sukura; Frame:  Stamp’n Up new die cut.

For a complete list of my tutorials, click on the tab at the top of the page

Posted on : Mar 24 2009
Posted under Freebies and Links, Tutorials |

Mar 24, 2009 - 09:03:07
Jennifer E. said:

These are so cool! Thanks for the tutorial, I’m going to attempt to try this very soon.

Mar 24, 2009 - 11:03:03
Danni said:

Ohhhh, thank you for this!! I just love what you created! I’m going to have to try this!! Thank you!!

Mar 24, 2009 - 11:03:19
Kim H said:

These flowers are gorgeous! I have never made my own! I am going to have to give this a try!

Mar 24, 2009 - 01:03:30
Manna said:

WOW, another great tutorial! What a great way to use the flower stamps too! TFS your talent, Beth! You are one awesome gal :)

Mar 24, 2009 - 08:03:20
Anita said:

Wow! What a great way to make flowers. Fantastic tutorial.

Mar 24, 2009 - 11:03:46
Seleise said:

fabulous paper flowers! Thanks for sharing the info on how to make them!

Mar 25, 2009 - 01:03:08
Godelieve said:

Awesome flowers Beth! Thanks for showing how you made them.

Mar 25, 2009 - 06:03:22

love this, off to find my flower stamps!

Mar 25, 2009 - 09:03:27
Beth Ullman said:

Okay Beth now I will comment on your flowers they are the coolest love each and everyone of them great job and also want to thank you for the links haven’t had a chance to check them yet but will, I had time to play this morning and my card is on my blog off and running check with you later.
Hugs

Mar 25, 2009 - 09:03:23
Denise Clark said:

What a great tutorial! I love that it’s easy to follow and gives very precise directions. The flowers are wonderful and what a terrific way to get the exact color you want. It seems I am always fishing through my primas to find the right color.

I found your blog through Jeanette over at H20 Creations! Nice to meet you!

Mar 26, 2009 - 08:03:49
Risa West said:

Your flowers are so pretty and I enjoyed your tutorial Beth! TFS!!!
hugs
Risa:)

Mar 28, 2009 - 08:03:57
SmilynStef said:

Love those cool layered flowers … great colors too.

Mar 29, 2009 - 02:03:37
barbd said:

Beth….. another great tutorial. Your tutorials are so easy to follow. . Am off and running to try my hand at flowers. They sure are in style.. European blogs love flowers and have done so for some time.. Thanks very much

Mar 29, 2009 - 09:03:37
Claire said:

Thanks for dropping by my blog – had to check yours out. Love these flowers – very inspiring. x

Jan 7, 2010 - 05:01:20
Cristino said:

Nice flowers you have posted. I love flower gardens and good to know about this blog. Even i have a flower shop and i love to see colorful flowers. Thanks to flower-shops.biz, that helps customers to find my shop and make flower purchase easy for them. I like your inspiring ideas.

Jan 7, 2010 - 05:01:53
pallavi said:

Mar 14, 2010 - 09:03:25

Do you understand that it is correct time to get the personal loans, which will make your dreams come true.

Jul 14, 2010 - 08:07:13
Alison said:

I can’t tell you how much I adore this! Thank you for the fabulous tutorial!! I featured this tutorial today on my blog with a roundup of flower tutorials. Here is the link:

Thank you so much for inspiring me. Have a wonderful day!

~Alison

Sep 15, 2010 - 12:09:58
Cheyenne said:

So nice article you are shared with us! Many thanks!

Oct 17, 2010 - 08:10:50
Sasha L. said:

Thanks for linking to my punched paper flowers on Flickr! I really enjoyed making them.

Oct 20, 2010 - 06:10:10

Great tutorial – I think you could seriously benefit from a production of a calendar that would expose the variety of designs while you include the features of the process…great work overall – thanks!

Mar 22, 2011 - 08:03:10

Found you blog and immediately did a post on it! Just beautiful…Consider yourself linked! Thank you for sharing!

Warmth, Colleen

Mar 22, 2011 - 08:03:46

Found your blog and immediately did a post on it! Just love your site! Consider yourself linked :) Blessings, Colleen

{ May 4, 2010 - 02:05:58 } Good News!!!!! «