With Deepest Sympathy

Hi folks.  Are you having a good week so far?  I’ve been a busy beaver stamping because tomorrow is the new release blog hop for Technique Junkies.  So please don’t forget to come back and check out this awesome release.  I think it’s my favourite release so far.

For today’s card I used my newly bought shimmer cardstock.  Can you see the sheen?  The only downside to this cardstock is that it takes a while for the ink to dry.  I started out with eight backgrounds and ended up with five because of smudging.  Grrrr.

To create my background I used the following Distress ink pads:  Mustard Seed, Tattered Rose, Dusty Concord and Faded Jeans.  I sponged the colours on and then let it dry and stamped out Bare Tree Duo.  After it sat to dry (I rarely use a heat gun to dry my work) I put my background into my Misti and stamped out the With Sympathy, Set of 5 sentiment.  My card front was then matted with Black and SU’s Marina Mist.

Thanks for stopping by.  See you tomorrow!

Posted on : Feb 28 2017
Posted under cards, Technique Junkies Stamps |

Feb 28, 2017 - 07:02:13
Shirley said:

Hi Beth, Beautiful sympathy card, the trees work very well. The words are beautiful, I’m lacking in Sympathy words in my collection. Take care, Shirleyxx

Feb 28, 2017 - 09:02:59

Really pretty background, I can see the shimmer just a little. I would not have thought that sponging the color on that type of cardstock would work! The trees are lovely.

Feb 28, 2017 - 03:02:47
Cheri Weston said:

I love the shimmer card stock, Beth and your sponging is fantastic. What a wonderful card this is.

Feb 28, 2017 - 05:02:21
Diana Enns said:

It’s a beautiful card…..I may have to “case” parts of this as i’m always looking for good ideas for sympathy cards, since I make a lot for our community.

Mar 1, 2017 - 04:03:06
pam said:

What a beautiful Sympathy card Beth, your background colours are perfect with these trees, love the sentiment too.

I use Pearlescent card stock, this has a wonderful shimmer and my inks dry instantly, if I use Pearl card stock you have to hope the ink dries on it..
Hugs Pam x

Mar 1, 2017 - 08:03:56
Mitzi said:

Such a lovely, tranquil card. Would go well with many of my Bible verse stamps.

Mar 1, 2017 - 10:03:58

Oh my that background is just gorgeous for that stamp, Lovely!

Mar 2, 2017 - 04:03:41

This is gorgeous. Such a serene scene, and the colors are so pretty. Thanks for the inspiration – sympathy cards are always so difficult to create. Hugs…!