Tic Tac Toe Challenge

For my card I chose to go with the middle row:  texture, bright colors and off the edge.  You can see the challenge at Repeat Impressions.

I created texture on my background by crumpling up wax paper and ironing it onto glossy cardstock.  I sandwhiched my wax paper in between two glossy sides of paper so the wax wouldn’t melt onto my iron, plus it gave me two pieces to ink up.

My stamps are from the Technique Junkies and is called Hello Cupcake, Set of 7. Yes indeed, those tiny cupcakes were cut with an ex-acto knife and glued onto the edge of my card.

My step card is from a Sissix die.

I am also entering in the Happy Birthday challenge for Just for Fun Rubber Stamps.

Thanks for stopping by!

Posted on : Mar 09 2017
Posted under cards |

Mar 9, 2017 - 06:03:44
Cheri Weston said:

Oh, Beth! This is AMAZING! All of your detail work paid off! What a great way to use this stamp set and the Tic, Tac, Toe challenge this week. So wonderful of you to join our challenge at The House That Stamps Built, my friend. We’d hate to have missed this beauty!

Mar 9, 2017 - 11:03:06

Beth, your card is so much fun, and is totally perfect for our challenge! Thanks for joining us at The House that Stamps Built! Hope you come back each week for more challenge fun!

Mar 10, 2017 - 08:03:30
Shirley said:

HI Beth, your card is great fun and beautiful, love the vibrant colour. Thanks for your kind words at my blog about the loss of our sweet fur boy. We are heart broken, but time heals we know. Take good care and have fun with your new granddaughter xx

Mar 10, 2017 - 08:03:28

Your wax paper background is super bright and pretty and I love those cupcakes! Super birthday card! (PS, this card also fits the birthday challenge at Just for Fun this month, if you want to link it up there too. )

Have a great day!

Mar 10, 2017 - 01:03:26
Kari E-R said:

So cheerful and yummy..I have wanted to try the wax paper background…inspiring…and you have the patience to cut out those cupcakes?!?

Mar 10, 2017 - 05:03:40

I just love how you technique came out and that cool shape of the card, fun cupcakes 🙂

Mar 11, 2017 - 08:03:40

Fantastic card Beth! Love all the colorful cupcakes! So fun!

Mar 13, 2017 - 03:03:05

Love your card- and s much detail. I haven’t done the technique with the wax paper in a really long time. Thanks for joining us at The House that Stamps Built this week.

Mar 13, 2017 - 04:03:28

Beth, your card is just PRECIOUS! Now I have to give that background technique a try after seeing how fabulous yours is. My hat goes off to you for cutting those tiny cupcakes out with an exacto knife…well done! I’m so glad you shared your card with us at JFFRS! Wendy DT

Mar 16, 2017 - 04:03:43

Your card is so bright and cheery. Love your background and the coloring on the cupcakes. Thanks for doing the Just For Fun challenge, Beth. I hope to see you again soon!