Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category:
It’s no secret that I love to colour, and one of my New Year’s Resolutions is to do projects for Christmas 2017 ahead of time instead of scrambling at the end.
I’m able to attend a luncheon and craft session bi-weekly before I go into my 3-11 shift. My girlfriend, Vera, puts on a beautiful lunch for the five of us, and then we each work on our own projects. Last year I worked on my felt owls and knitting for my soon to be first grandbaby, and currently I’m working on a gingerbread house with Christmas trees made of felt. With luck, it will be finished by next Christmas–LOL.
At Christmas we have potluck and exchange our homemade wares, and this year I am giving out these 2 1/2″ x 5 3/4″ bookmarks which I am going to have laminated professionally.
I coloured my Chocolate Baroque image, called Garden Lace Scene, with Prismacolor pencil crayons and odorless mineral spirits. I’m quite pleased with the results.
What New Year’s Resolutions do you have?
Howdy folks. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. I got to spend it with my children for the first time in ten years, on the day of the 25th of December. Al’s daughter and her boyfriend were with us as well.
Today I have cats, cats, cats. Although I don’t own a cat I love anything cats–stamps, t-shirts, and even my day planner has gorgeous cats on them.
I stamped the inside with Hang in There Sentiment.
Have a Happy New Year. Let’s talk New Years Resolutions in my next post, shall we?
Hello folks. As you can see I’m on a colouring roll and couldn’t wait to sit down and take the time to colour up Elegant Mums from Technique Junkies. Also from their line is the sentiment Sentimental Sayings.
Did you catch the blog hop for the newly released stamp sets? You can start at the Design Junkie blog. Newly released stamps are 15% off until May 8th.
Take care and happy stamping!
Hello friends. Along my travels this week I found some deals and eye candy to share. Enjoy!
- Marisa created a beautiful owl step card
- JoAnns now ships to Canada and they are offering a 15% off coupon
- Pam created a masculine card with a Crazy Bird
- Marisa made a beautiful Valentine’s Day card
- Paper-Garden.ca is having free shipping on orders over $50. I just ordered from them and service was quick. Paper is high quality. Check out their sale page too! This company is based out of Canada.
I have several “penpals” through my blogging and Technique Junkies, and my dear penpal, Nancy from Texas, sent me a “just because” package of the most delicious goodness. She knows how I love owls and I’m itching to use them, and I know just the card I’m going to make. Thank you, Nancy. You made my day!
It’s been a long time since I shared some of my favourite things I found on the internet, and I hope you find it interesting too.
- Hermine’s Place showcases some mixed media
- Stampin with Sandi brings some spring to the air
- My on-line friend, Nancy Gibson, pointed me in the direction of Heartfelt Creations because I’m crazy for owls
- Who doesn’t love coffee cards. Here is one from Designs by Marisa that tugs at my heart
- Hetty, of CraftChaos, is ringing in the New Year with an adorable card
- An adorable coffee card by Hetty, once again. I think she’s the biggest coffee card maker out there
- Stamping with Bibiana works wonders with stencils and dies
- Heartshugsandflowers showcases a card with bird dies
- Debbie Yates created an adorable giraffe card. I’m a lover of all things owls and giraffes
I hope you enjoyed this little snipet of goodness.
Just a friendly reminder to visit Paper-Garden.ca to vote for my card here. I really appreciate you taking the time to do this for me.
Hello folks! Today I changed things up a bit by posting a sympathy card rather than a Christmas card. When I was looking over my stamps, this adorable little angel tugged at my heart. Who knows, she might make it into a Christmas card yet. I used black and SU Marina Mist.
Technique Junkie Stamps used:
Peonies (background stamp)
I hope you’re having a wonderful holiday season!
I’m so blessed to have “penpals” via the internet. I am in talks with so many different stampers. My dear friend Nancy Gibson, from Texas, just mailed me some goodies. I can’t wait to play with them.
My dear pen friend Myoriah, aka Beth, from Idaho sent me this beautiful card. You can visit her blog Crafting the Frugal Way. She works with mixed media a lot.
Do you have friends you talk with over the internet? Stamping is such a good way to meet good friends.
Congratulations Myoriah, you have won my blog candy. Please contact me via the link on my side bar with your mailing address and we’ll get some glue sent off to you. I used Random.org to choose the winner.
You said: I’m thinking the Speed-Sew would be good for adhering ribbon and things like lace. Also I would like to start using more fabric on my creations.
The winner, selected by Random.org is Mitzi. Mitzi, please contact me through the “Contact Me” button with your mailing address and I will get your Emboss or Die CD to you. Congratulations.
I will have more blog candy in the future so stay tuned.