Creating Your Own Chipboard

Creating your own chipboard is very easy.  My chipboard is gold, but you can paint yours any colour.  See how easy it is.

Gesso a cereal box.  If you gesso the shiny side, sand off the shine.  Otherwise, gesso the backside.

Paint over your gesso.  I used gold.  Dry completely before embossing.

Embossed chipboard.

Cut chipboard with Nestabilities.

Finished Chipboard.

Image:  Twisted Papers

Posted on : Aug 31 2010
Posted under Tutorials |

Aug 31, 2010 - 05:08:23
Elaine Allen said:

This is beautiful Beth! And what a wonderful tip! Thanks for sharing.

Elaine Allen

Aug 31, 2010 - 08:08:48
Patty said:

Great idea, Beth. Speaking of good ideas, I love the new look of your website. Lookin’ good!

Aug 31, 2010 - 09:08:10

WOWZERS GF- gold cereal box is gorgeous and GREEN- LOVE IT! Your card is so elegant 🙂

Aug 31, 2010 - 10:08:37
Jennifer E. said:

What an awesome idea! Such a beautiful card, the gold is perfect!

Aug 31, 2010 - 08:08:49
Myrna said:

Beth
You have done it again. Superb!! Just fits my recycling heart perfectly and makes something lovely to boot.
You are the greatest.

Aug 31, 2010 - 09:08:43
Audrey said:

Great card Beth Love it! Would you like to be a sponsor for Stamping Vacation’s Blog Hop on Septh 25 from 9am-9pm Sept 26th? I am a member of the new Design Team there and the theme is Homemeade Embellishments with a Hop. Your shop would be featured as well as your blog. All that we would need form you is a gift of your choosing for a prize. Let me know if this is a possibility.
Thanks,
Audrey
You do aweome work!!

Sep 1, 2010 - 03:09:50
velta said:

You are the best when it comes to giving out inspiration girl! I have just got to try this one…it turned out stunningly 🙂

Sep 1, 2010 - 08:09:15
SUSAN said:

another great share; you have the neatest ideas & thank you for this!

Sep 1, 2010 - 02:09:22
Maryann said:

WOOT WOOT this card is soooooooooo gorgeous Beth, I just sooo LOVE it, and what a wonderful idea. But I have never heard of this Gesso before, what is it exactly? Hope, you´ll explain a bit more about that? Sorry if I sound stupid, but never thingk, I´ve even seen anything like it or heard it before. Is there anything else, that´ll do the same maybe? Is it some kind of paint, and does it come in all colors? It just looks sooooooo awesome, so it´s definately something, I would soo love to try, if I can just find this stuff anywhere here? Or at least something like it.
Have a great day dear friend and sorry for all my questions again again LOL.
Big hugs Maryann

Sep 1, 2010 - 08:09:27
Pat said:

Woo Hoo Beth. Great tutorial. I love those cereal boxes! Luckily my hubby and I both love cereal, too!

Sep 5, 2010 - 09:09:26
paulaj said:

Gesso is a medium/sealer, sort of like Mod Podge.

Sep 6, 2010 - 08:09:03

Great card! Thanks so much for sharing your technique. I’m going to have to give it a try!

Sep 6, 2010 - 01:09:32
Maryann said:

Thank you sooo much for the answer. I´vve never heard of any of them here, where I live, but I´m pretty sure, we´ll have something else then. I´ll just have to ask for it, next time I go to a craftstore somewhere around here, but at elast I know, what I´m looking for. Thanks sooo much again dear friend.
Have a nice day.
Big hugs Maryann

Sep 9, 2010 - 10:09:05
Seleise said:

absolutely stunning! super idea – TFS!

Jan 14, 2011 - 12:01:40
maryRedford said:

What cutter did you use what was the name of it
I dont have it and I love to own it, and i will try the chip board that what i make my ATC out of to make them heavy just a little thicker ,,,thaks…..

MaryRedford