How to make an A2 Easel Card

This week’s A2 easel card is inspired by my girlfriend’s card (thank you Kathy).  She was surprised  when I told her I never saw an A2 easel card before.  I was so tickled with this style of card, that I decided to do a tutorial for those who are intrigued by it as well.  My designer paper is Winter Joy by Bo Bunny.  Image is called Ornaments and is from Inkadinkado.  This darling stamp set is only $1.99.

Using the colour of cardstock you wish your back to be, cut cardstock to 4 1/4″ x 11″ and score at 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″.

For the card that will stand upright you will need a mat (turquoise here) and designer paper or another solid colour.

Cut mat to 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″.  Cut decorative paper to 4″ x 5 1/4″.

The bottom of the card will need a raised portion to hold up the easel.  For added elegance, emboss your sentiment.  To start, rub an embossing body around the area you will be embossing.  The dimension of this layer is 3 1/8″ x 1 1/2

Emboss your image.  Cut out mats, one at 1 1/4″ x 3 1/2″ and one at 2″ x 3 3/4″

Optional:  add an extra element behind your main image as I did on my card.  The DP is 2 /12″ x 3 3/4″.  Just underneath the matt (white cardstock) I added a snow punch.

Double or triple mat your image.

Fold your card so it looks like this.  The top of the right fold will be the very top of your card.

Adhere the top of your finished card to the top edge of your back.

When laid flat, this is what your easel card will look like.

For more tutorials, please visit my pages listed above.

Posted on : Oct 26 2010
Posted under Tutorials |

Oct 26, 2010 - 12:10:52

WOWZERS GF! This is totally RAD! I love these colors for Christmas and the card is GORGEOUS! Great TUT!

Oct 26, 2010 - 04:10:42
Thanh said:

SEVERAL times, Beth… the first time I wasn’t so lucky … the other times – my purse was luckily returned!

Losing the purse is one of the worst feelings in the world. Hugs

Oct 26, 2010 - 04:10:48
Terry said:

You just reminded me that I have not made an easel card in a long time. Love you card and the icicle edgeing is brilliant!

Oct 26, 2010 - 09:10:52
Barbara M said:

Where do I find the little “embossing body” bag? I need one very badly. Thanks for all the great info you give out.

Oct 26, 2010 - 11:10:08
Audrey said:

Thank you Beth. I think I may start tomorrow to get some of these made. Great tutorial.
Hugs

Oct 27, 2010 - 06:10:22
Cheryl M said:

Oh this is really pretty. I love the bottom edge, how did you do that one?

Oct 27, 2010 - 08:10:55
Maryann said:

Thanks sooo much for a great tutorial again hun. It´s also the first time, I´ve seen it as an A2 card, but it´s definately one, I´m going to try and make, as I just love EAselcards, that´s for sure, and they´re always sooo great. And this is awesome as a christmascard. You just done an awesome job again dear friend. Thanks sooo very much.
Have a great day and take care.
Big hugs Maryann

Oct 27, 2010 - 09:10:43
Nancy said:

Thank you so much for this tutorial! I’m definitely going to give this a try! Have A Great Day!!! 🙂

Oct 28, 2010 - 10:10:19
Annette said:

What fun colors for Christmas. Great Card! I love doing these cards they are a fun design. Thanks for posting your tutorial. I have done this type of card in the past but it is great to have a pictorial tutorial. I am a visual person.

Nov 25, 2016 - 01:11:20
Aimeslee said:

Love it, Beth. I’ve made my own and used pre-cut card blanks, and both are fun. Great tute and card. xoxo