Try That Technique Thursday

Can you believe it’s Thursday already?  It’s my beer and wing night, so that makes me happy 🙂  I started Weight Watchers and really need to stay away from the unhealthy choices.  Wish me good luck.  I dread am scared about  my family and friends reading this because I’m worried that I’ll give up on WW and worry that I’ll hear “how are you doing.”  This is a secret so don’t tell my friends and family anyone.  By the way I’m down 10 pounds.  100 more to go. 🙁

So, on that note, let me tell you about Try That Technique Thursday.  It is something that the Technique Junkie Newsletter does.  This week the technique is called Pencilled Twinks.  Doesn’t that sound fun?

This card jump started me with making cute little watercolours.  I have an upcoming tutorial that uses one of my watercolours, so don’t forget about me stay tuned 😉

Stamp:  Stamps Happen

Posted on : Feb 24 2011
Posted under Try That Technique |

Feb 24, 2011 - 12:02:00
Elaine Allen said:

Hi Beth –

Congratulations on losing 10lbs.! Keep up the good work, but don’t be too hard on yourself. We are all human and not perfect. So if you make a not so perfect food choice, let it go. After all, there will be many more meals to do better on. This is a lifestyle change, not a diet and there is nothing you can’t eat. I speak from experience and yes, I am still struggling. So I am behind you and wish you well.

I can’t wait to see your tutorial. I love that sweet little card, what an adorable baby girl!

Elaine Allen

Feb 24, 2011 - 10:02:16
Myrna said:

Beth
You can do it; one day at a time, one meal at a time. Don’t be hard on yourself. Keep in mind the journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step and clearly you have taken the first step. You are on this journey with a lot of other people (me included).
Oh by the by; great card.

Feb 24, 2011 - 10:02:04
mel mccarthy said:

Gorgeous! Love that sweet image & your watercolouring is so pretty. Congrats on 10 lbs!!! I should try that. I’ve got about 90ish to lose. I heard a very poignant thing the other day from my cousin: In trying to make any change, self compassion is the key (then you can forgive yourself for the little-bit-naughty times & move on. I’m gonna try that out. ;o) Enjoy beer & wing night, you deserve it & my lips are sealed. heehee

Feb 24, 2011 - 11:02:41

You go girl – 10 lbs is awesome! Your card totally rocks! LOVE IT! Hope you have a wonderful beer and wings night!

Feb 25, 2011 - 03:02:30
Willow said:

ROFL!!! You are too funny!!! Your card is adorable!!! I will have to look up that technique. As for weight loss, I am in love with Medifast!!! I lost over 50 pounds in 3 months and am keeping it off!! I am definitely a convert. It wasn’t easy, 800 to 1000 calories but a fat-burning program that takes the weight off FAST!!! Good luck with Weight Watchers if that works for you… keep us posted…

Feb 26, 2011 - 12:02:37
Jovita said:

Congrats on you weight loss, way to go!

I have this same image and love it, your water
coloring is so pretty… looking forward to the tutorial.