Technique Junkies May 2019 Release

Hello and welcome to the May Release for Technique Junkies.  I was so in love with these images that I completed four cards in two days, after I was done work at my day job.  First to business.  You can receive new releases at 15% off and if you use my code TJ10Beth you will receive 25% off of new releases.  This runs until May 8th, and once that is gone, you can use TJ10Beth for 10% off your order.  When the 15% discount ends, you can still catch a deal by using TJ10% for 10% off your entire order, excluding clearance items.

Now onto my cards.  Because I’m showcasing only four cards, it was hard for me to decide which four to showcase, so I started with my favourite called Live In Color.  I have a beautiful watercolour designer paper pad, which I used because it coordinated with the sentiment and my colouring.

My second card is perfect for upcoming Father’s Day.  I am making mine for an uncle who is so good to me, as my dad passed quite some time ago.  I love how my uncle is tickled by receiving my cards.  I used the newly released Golf Club Patent, and an older stamp called Happy Father’s Day. I stamped onto Kraft with VersaFine and highlighted with a white coloured pencil. Because the golf club are rounded, I rounded the corners of my card.

I wanted to make an elegant card because this lady looks so elegant.  By using gold, black and white papers, I believe I achieved a classy feel to my card.  This image is called Be a Legend.  I coloured the lady with Copic markers.

My last card was made using this month’s free stamp.  How can you get this free stamp, you ask?  Simply by placing a $30 order before taxes and shipping.  My free sentiment is called Wish Upon a Star.

Card Details:

• Stamp Watercolor Flowers with VersaMark and gold embossing powder onto white tissue paper and heat emboss
  • Tear tissue and adhere with a light coat of Modge Podge
  • Using designer paper for the left side of your card, tear the edges to keep things cohesive with the torn tissue paper
  • Stamp out Wish Upon a Star sentiment in the right corner where there is no tissue paper
  • Cut out star with, or without a die, using sparkling paper or Shimmering Bliss Chestnut Mare
  • Place three gems under the sentiment

New Release Participants:

Lynda Pleckan https://paperartscafe.blogspot.com/2019/05/technique-junkies-may-2019-new-release.html

Posted on : May 01 2019
Posted under Technique Junkies Stamps |

May 1, 2019 - 08:05:09
Jeanette said:

Beth, what a fun new release and your cards are beautiful!

May 1, 2019 - 08:05:48

Beth, these are out of this world! Fantastic job with these fun images. And So many great sentiments in the new release!

That is fun that you have the Lovely as a Tree for so long but have not used it. I have to say that I am tempted to buy it now, even though I probably couldn’t do anything original with it.

Have a great day!

May 1, 2019 - 10:05:35

What beautiful work – the feather is beautiful – as well as the other three. Love the embossing on tissue paper – haven’t done that in years. I’m an old TJ subscriber from years back and still have all of my monthly letters.

May 1, 2019 - 03:05:23
Judy Jackson said:

You out did yourself, my friend! These are all just great!

May 1, 2019 - 10:05:09

These are all pretty special, Beth! Your uncle will love his card, for sure! Ugh, it’s tough to choose a favorite, but I think mine is the star! Beautiful creations, and what a fun release for TJ! Thanks for sharing!

May 2, 2019 - 10:05:46
Jean Marmo said:

A wonderful collection of cards!

May 3, 2019 - 12:05:07

These are all fantastic!! Beautiful feather to go with the watercolor papers. So neat that your Uncles enjoys your cards and I am sure he will love that one. My favorite is the last one, love the colors, the torn paper and gold!!
All your post are going to my junk mail folder so I will be late until I can remember to check the folder more than once a week.

May 3, 2019 - 03:05:28
Pam said:

What a fabulous collection of cards beth, each one as beautiful as the next.
Hugs Pam x

May 5, 2019 - 11:05:26

Bethie you have rocked these out of the park. Each card is amazing. I can tell you are trying new techniques and getting more artsy. Way to go, keep on! xoxoxo

May 11, 2019 - 10:05:13

Beth, these cards are gorgeous. It was hard to choose a favorite but I especially like the vivid bright colors in the first one. Your feather is lovely and the background paper really highlights your beautiful coloring. All these cards are full of fun techniques. You’ve been working hard! xo Nancy