Dueling Darlings May 15th Kit – Bargain Hunters

Hello folks!  It’s the 15th of the month, and time to work with our kits that were received from the hostess of the month.  The Dazzlers (me) is hosted by Jeanette, and The Divas is hosted by Kelly.  This’s month’s awesome theme is BARGAIN HUNTERS.  The idea is to include items in the kits that are from clearance or second hand.  I thought this is a very fun theme.  There was so much in my kit, but I pared it down to only using a few items because I was dying to try out this style of card, and I felt that the image was perfect for this style.

The cardstock is from my stash, and the patterned paper is from the kit.  Jeanette, who is my hostess this month, says she’s a collector of patterned paper.  I love patterned paper too, but tend to create my own backgrounds.  Pretty paper gives a card that extra punch of joy.

Whalaa.  Finally made it to the image.  Don’t forget to see what the rest of the Dazzlers and Divas have done with their kits.  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:

Suzy
Tami

Posted on : May 15 2020
Posted under cards, DDD |

May 15, 2020 - 09:05:47
Suzy said:

Wow! This is an awesome fold for your card! Yes, this was the perfect kit to give it a whirl! Nice job…really love it!

May 15, 2020 - 09:05:47
Sarah MacIndoe said:

You’re the queen of bargain hunting, only fitting!

May 15, 2020 - 09:05:48
Jeanette Cloyd said:

WOW! Beth, this is an amazing fold… it keeps going and going! Your card is lovely and oh-so-creative!

May 15, 2020 - 11:05:54
TERRY SERMAN said:

Wow….love this sketch! The dots look great along the side. I just might have to give this a try. I normally don’t do fancy folds because I’m not very good at them!

May 15, 2020 - 11:05:14
Shelly Schmidt said:

How absolutely fabulous!!! I love the card you have created with this kit- very neat card! Love your colors and the puffy dots are perfect here!

May 15, 2020 - 12:05:28
Barbara Deichl said:

WOW Beth–that fold is so cool and is perfect with the fun image from Jeanette. Love this card!

May 15, 2020 - 02:05:25
Darlene said:

Beth – what a great layout and card design!! I’ll be camping out here this weekend to try to imitate your design. Imitation is the highest form of flattery of right? Your colors are fresh and I love the embossed front. Nice job!

May 16, 2020 - 12:05:27

Wow is that ever gorgeous, love the fun colors, such a great design, and fun anticipation for the receiver, love how you always have a peek of the lovely flowers!

Jun 1, 2020 - 03:06:08

What a fantastic card, Beth! Love the great fold that opens to reveal that beautifully colored flower. Love how you created panels with the embossed red paper and the chevron multi-colored paper complemented with those dots!!!