Memories sweet and fragrant

Memories sweet and fragrant reminds me of summers spent with my grandmother.  One of the things she liked to do was to take us mushroom hunting in the woods.

Believe it or not, my background was created using my GelliPlate.  My girlfriend and I get together to work on backgrounds and try new things.  For example, we spent an afternoon experimenting with kitchen products purchased at a thrift store.  We dipped parts of the item into black paint and pressed off black paint.  My favourite items were a 2″ mini kitchen grater and a potatoe masher. It’s safe to visit me for dinner because these items are strictly for artwork.

My background uses the Dancing Sprigs Stencil.  I just love how my Gelli paper turned out.  Stamped over top is Forest Floor.  You can get 10% off of these products, or any other product by using code TJ10Beth.

If these products intrigue you, you might be interested in our Gotta Have it All Bundle seen below.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great week!

Posted on : Aug 10 2021
Posted under cards, Gelli Plate, Technique Junkies Stamps |

Aug 10, 2021 - 09:08:52
Judith L Jackson said:

Nicely done, Beth.

Aug 10, 2021 - 10:08:07
Patti+J. said:

Wow! This is awesome, Beth! I don’t get my gel plate out as often as I should…wish you were closer and could inspire me hands on! Hmmmm…..maybe a video? Thanks for sharing!

Aug 11, 2021 - 09:08:55

great idea to buy some goodies for your plate from the thrift store, I love how your background turned out, it is just the perfect backdrop for your great stamp!!
Beautiful work!

Aug 14, 2021 - 06:08:12

Aww, I loved hearing about your memories of your grandmother taking you looking for mushrooms. I wouldn’t trust myself, I’d probably eat the wrong kind! Love your gelli print too, it is just the right color and has the lovely leaves imprinted. Perfect backdrop for the forest floor. xoxo

Aug 14, 2021 - 01:08:41
Shelly Schmidt said:

Love hearing your memories with your Grandmother- those turn into beautiful card. Love your Gelli plate fun story and experimenting with kitchen items. Wonderful image and it looks so pretty on that background!

Sep 1, 2021 - 10:09:57
Connie said:

I have not been to your blog in a while…wonderful work still being created and an inspiration for me to find my mojo. looking at your work always brings me home..