How to Make a Pillow Top Background

Sunflowers and Dragonflies, Pillow Top Technique, 1

Today I will show you how to make a pillow top background.  Sponging is one of my favourite things to do, and if you like to sponge too, this is the right technique for you.

Sunflowers and Dragonflies, Pillow Top Technique, 2

Supplies:  Acetate sheet, cardstock, sponge, ink

Sunflowers and Dragonflies, Pillow Top Technique, 3

Begin by aligning your acetate sheet corner-to-corner on your cardstock.  Apply ink to your sponge and wisp ink alongside the acetate sheet.

Sunflowers and Dragonflies, Pillow Top Technique, 4

Continue working in this manner towards the bottom of your cardstock.

Sunflowers and Dragonflies, Pillow Top Technique, 5

Line up your acetate sheet with the corners of the cardstock as seen in the photo.

Sunflowers and Dragonflies, Pillow Top Technique, 6

Continue applying ink as in previous steps.

Sunflowers and Dragonflies, Pillow Top Technique, 7

Your pillow top is now ready to be used for your card or project

Stamp:  Our Daily Bread Designs

Posted on : Feb 19 2013
Posted under cards, Tutorials |

Feb 19, 2013 - 05:02:30
Myrna said:

Beth
Gorgeous card.
I WISH I did like sponging. There are so many lovely things done with it.
Mine comes out looking like blobby. lol

Feb 19, 2013 - 07:02:28

OMG how COOL is that! LOVE IT! You are so creative! GORGEOUS card, Bethie!

Feb 19, 2013 - 08:02:24
Else49 said:

Lovely card and what a fun method. So much to see, so much to do and soooo much to learn. Thank you.

Feb 19, 2013 - 09:02:28
Rob said:

This is a beautiful technique, thanks for sharing it Beth.

Feb 19, 2013 - 11:02:07
Willow said:

Very cool technique Beth! I enjoy sponging and I love how your background turned out. Thanks for sharing this with us!!!

Feb 20, 2013 - 03:02:48
Maryann said:

What a gorgeous card here again beth. I love the color and the stamp is absolutely gorgeous, just my kind of image, sooo beautiful. And I really like this technique, it gives such a nice and soft look to the card, especially when you choose such a nice and warm color for it. Gorgeous work again hun and nice tut too.
Have a wonderful day sweet friend and lots of fun.

Feb 20, 2013 - 07:02:10

Thank you for the great tutorial! It really makes such a pretty background and I love adding ink and chalk with sponges so this should be a lot of fun! I hope my card turns out as pretty as yours! 🙂

Feb 20, 2013 - 05:02:39
Myoriah said:

Thanks for sharing how you did this. I’ve seen this technique done with chalk but never with ink. Can’t wait to try it. By the way your card is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing it.